The beginning of the year is a popular time to hire, and it’s just as important as ever to ensure you don’t bring on someone with a problematic history. Sentinel Security makes certain you know all there is to know about who you’re hiring with our “Pentagon Check” – a five-step background check that delves deep into who a candidate really is:
1. SSN Trace & Address Locator – We help reduce the risk you’ll hire a candidate who omitted a place of residence linked to a pending charge, arrest warrant or criminal record by locating every current and former address associated with their SSN.
2. National Criminal Record Indicator – If a candidate committed an offense outside the area they live, we’ll help reveal it using our “National Criminal Records Indicator,” which searches information from trusted sources including state sex offender registries, FBI’s most wanted, and multiple online country records.
3. Statewide & County Criminal Record Searches – Based on the information we gather in steps 1 and 2, we’ll automatically order statewide or county criminal record searches dating back at least 7 years.
4. Federal Criminal Record Search – It’s possible that serious crimes like mail and wire fraud may only be reported in federal district courts, and won’t be found in a standard statewide or county criminal record search. We mitigate this potential issue by using a candidate’s addresses and records to form the scope of our search.
5. Driving Record Search – Finally, we’ll shed light on any possible character issues in a candidate by looking into suspended licenses, drug- and alcohol-related driving offenses, failures to appear in court, and other indicators that the candidate may have substance abuse or other behavioral problems.
If you plan to ramp up hiring again to start the new year, make sure you hire safe and smart with the help of Sentinel Security. To learn more about our employment background screening checks, or to schedule a confidential consultation, contact us at 718-740-3600 today.