A fire watch guard in New York requires FDNY certified individuals in several circumstances; some circumstances include:
- All hotels and motels require FDNY certified personnel at all times.
- High-rise office buildings require FDNY certified personnel any time that there are 500 people in the building OR 100 people in the sub-grade levels OR above the 1st Floor.
- When sprinkler systems are not installed (i.e. construction sites)
- A fire guard must be on duty when the fire protection system in a building under construction is not working.
- Most construction sites:
- Fire guards are required on construction, alteration and demolition sites when work is not in progress, except between the hours of 12 midnight and 8:00 AM.
- All fire watch Guards are FDNY certified and most have multiple fire safety related certifications. These certifications are from various sources (i.e. Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Fire Academy, Emergency Management Institute etc).
- Additionally, all of our personnel for construction sites have OSHA training, and all of our personnel have received additional training is safety and related areas.
NYC Fire Guards has some of the best pricing in the industry. Additionally, the quality and the training of our fire safety personnel gives us the advantage of offering the highest value to our clients.
Our management at Fire Watch New York Guards is comprised of individuals that are actually FDNY certified professionals in fire safety. This gives an advantage over our competitors.
Additionally, we provide around the clock supervision of our fire guards at sites. This service is provided at no additional to ensure the highest quality of service to our clients.
(The number of fire guards required depends on the size and location of the field site. If the site fronts on one street, one fire guard is required for each 10,000 square feet or where the building exceeds 75 feet in height.)